Recently Iranian women started a movement all over the country especially in Tehran . They stand on a platform, take their scarves off and drape them over a street sign. It is in protest again the Islamic dress code . In Tehran, 28 women have been caught and gaoled so far . The first woman arrested did it in Tehran’s Revolution Street so they are called “The Girls of Revolution Street.” See photos.
Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. A prime minister progressively shriller and less coherent.
- IAN DUNLOP. A Parliament Without Trust or Legitimacy Must Go
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- HENRY REYNOLDS. A HUNDRED YEARS OF MATESHIP.
- SUSAN RYAN. The Irish teaching orders in Australia.
- ABUL RIZVI: Will the number of temporary entrants continue to grow? 17 August 2018
- LYNDSAY CONNORS. Tempora mutantur… 17 August 2018
- JOHN MENADUE. Prime Minister Trumpbull. 17 August 2018
- TIM LINDSEY. Jokowi’s deputy pick confirms rise of conservative Islam in Indonesia 17 August 2018
- JOHN MENADUE- The National Party is dudding farmers. 16 August 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (814)
- Drug Reform (19)
- Economy (1,077)
- Education (205)
- Environment and climate (339)
- Health (514)
- Housing (72)
- Human Rights (417)
- Indigenous affairs (65)
- Industrial relations (33)
- Infrastructure (160)
- International Affairs (1,570)
- Asia (206)
- Links (10)
- Media (516)
- NBN (74)
- Politics (2,458)
- Refugees, Immigration (539)
- Religion and Faith (505)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (52)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (194)